A Trustworthy Community
Look no further! At Oota Box, we bring you the delightful flavors of homemade Egyptian food, prepared with love and expertise by skilled home chefs near you. From traditional recipes to innovative creations, our intelligent system matches your preferences with the perfect home chef, ensuring a personalized dining experience. With a focus on using fresh, whole ingredients and reducing food waste, you can enjoy the superior taste and freshness of our dishes while making a positive impact on the environment. Whether you’re ordering for yourself or planning a party, our dedicated home chefs are ready to cater to your every need. Place your order today and indulge in the rich and flavorful world of homemade Egyptian food.
1. Koshari: This popular Egyptian dish is a hearty combination of rice, lentils, macaroni, and chickpeas, topped with a tangy tomato sauce and crispy fried onions. It’s a delicious and satisfying meal that is loved by locals and visitors alike.
2. Molokhia: Molokhia is a traditional Egyptian soup made from the leaves of the jute plant. It is usually cooked with chicken or rabbit, and flavored with garlic, coriander, and other spices. The result is a flavorful and nutritious dish that is often served with rice or bread.
3. Fattah: Fattah is a festive dish that is typically served during special occasions and celebrations. It consists of layers of toasted bread, rice, and meat (usually lamb or beef), topped with a rich tomato sauce and garnished with nuts and herbs. The combination of textures and flavors makes it a truly indulgent treat.
4. Mahshi: Mahshi refers to a variety of stuffed vegetables that are commonly found in Egyptian cuisine. The most popular version is mahshi wara’ enab, which consists of grape leaves stuffed with a mixture of rice, herbs, and spices. Other vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers are also commonly used. These stuffed vegetables are usually cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce and served with yogurt or tahini sauce.
5. Umm Ali: Umm Ali is a traditional Egyptian dessert that is similar to bread pudding. It is made with layers of puff pastry, nuts, raisins, and sweetened milk, and then baked until golden and crispy. The dessert is often served warm and garnished with powdered sugar and cinnamon, making it a comforting and indulgent treat.
Explore how home-cooked food can transform your office meals.
Taste traditional recipes and unique cooking styles from our diverse network of home chefs.
E.g: A dish you like, a lunch subscription package or a party order.